ToastWiki:Wiki Editing Guide
Know what page you want to make? There are two main ways to make a new page:
- Click a red link to page which doesn't exist yet and click create page.
- Use the search bar at the top and type in the name of the page you want to make.
You can start writing and it will be formatted as one block of text at the top of the page under the title. If this is all you need or it's just a placeholder then you're good. MAKE SURE TO CLICK VIEW PREVIEW BEFORE SAVING CHANGES. This allows you to see what it will look like and check for spelling/formatting mistakes before logging the new version of the page. If you don't do this you may miss mistakes and have to make several edits. This can fill up the history and possibly cause difficulty finding misuse of the wiki. Don't worry about making lots of proper edits as you expand an import page however.
To add an image:
- Click upload file on the left
- Upload image you want and make a note of the file name
- Edit page you want image in
- Insert [[Filename.png]]
Further information is on the upload file page or you can ask for help.
To link to another page on the wiki:
- Edit page you want the link in
- Insert [[Pagename]]
This works for pages that don't exist so you can click it to create the page
To give the link another name use:
To link to a wiki user page:
- (may not work if they used a different name for the wiki. Try and find it first)
For this just use this official mediawiki guide: Formatting Help
Use the mediawiki guides to make your pages super fancy: MediaWiki Help Don't do anything too crazy :P